Contributors

Saturday, April 17, 2010

So Many Prints

Prints are in this summer! But, beware! Not all prints are wearable. After all, they ARE prints, and repetitiveness can overpower and get gaudy extremely fast.

But if you do want to embrace the trend this season, don't go cheap! Printed garments take extra care when being designed and constructed. Mismatched seams, off grain cuts... well, I won't go into the details, but its not pretty, and can easily take your look from chic to eww (for lack of a better adjective). So go ahead, live a little and invest in a wonderfully printed dress this summer.

I went ahead and did you all a favor with these picks from affordable (at least kind of) sources.




Dolce Vita Electra Dress $175
Available at UrbanOutfitters.com

It never fails that the most expensive item is the one I want the most, but this is my favorite dress from these that I hand-picked for you readers. Not only is the cut young and ideal for day wear, but the print is so fresh! I love the fact that its so simple, but at the same time you'll be making a bold statement. Don't even dream of covering one inch of this dress up! Wear it plain, with simple bright colored shoes.





Reformed Zora Dress $78
Available at UrbanOutfitters.com

Hardware is still going strong into the summer, and this playful use of a zipper is ideal to get that needed edge in. The fit is body con, but don't get scared because of that! The vertical lines of the fabric will make you look great!





BB Dakota Nettie Floral Dress $88.00
Available at UrbanOutfitters.com

BB Dakota has fabulous prints for the summer, and this dress is a testimony to that! Oversized floral prints are really tough to style. Its so easy for them to be too overpowering and end up looking like your grandmother's sofa. This print, however, is wonderfully done with fresh colors, and the fit is impressive with the wonderfully narrow V-Neck. Hello, gorgeous!





Dress W/ Ruffle Bottom $24.90
Available at AkiraChicago.com

Ok, Ok. This is not a floral dress, I'm aware of that. But it is ridiculously cute. And so cheap! I'm really tempted to invest. Just envision it with a black leather jacket for a girly, yet "Don't Mess With Me" look.






Zebra Print Knot Dress $59.90
Available at AkiraChicago.com

This dress is very bold, especially with the longer sleeves (its a lot of print!), but belt it up with an oversized cardigan and it would be mellowed down enough for everyday wear. So go on, indulge your wild and crazy side with this print dress.





Young and Baroque Dress $89.99
Available at ModCloth.com

I'm in love with this one. The print is sophisticated. The cut is flirty. And I would wear it shopping, on a date or to classes or even just sit in my room feeling pretty in it!





Orchid Grey Dress $53.99
Available at ModCloth.com

So beautifully done. This print is the perfect balance of color, and it also has a subtle elegance that most prints you see in stores will not be able to achieve. And just as a side note... Do you know why I would love to have this in my closet? It would look great with all my grey cardigans!





Dee-liteful Dress $84.99
Available at ModCloth.com

I would Dee-litefully die for this dress. From the sweetheart neckline to the flattering print, this dress is made to fit your body. I have the feeling this dress would be extremely stunning on a tan individual... although, I'll never be tan, so I could only envy those who are.




La Zebra Rosa Dress $30
Available at LuLus.com

This fabulous abstract print will grab anyones attention, and the wonderful cut-out back will make you the envy of the local fashionistas. Not for the timid, but I think anyone could pull it off with a cropped jacket and simple shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment